Don’t risk facing penalties! Link your Aadhaar card with your PAN before March 31. Follow this comprehensive guide to check your Aadhar-PAN card link status quickly.Step-By-Step Guide To Check Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status
Are you aware of the new mandate requiring taxpayers to link their Aadhaar card with their Permanent Account Number (PAN)? Failure to do so can result in penalties, so you must verify your Aadhaar-PAN link status before March 31.
Are you uncertain how to check the link status between your Aadhaar and PAN card? Look no further! This article offers a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to walk you through the procedure. We’ll cover everything necessary to ensure both cards are linked so that no penalties arise during verification.
Step-By-Step Guide To Verifying Aadhaar Card Link Status
Step 1: Navigate to the official website of India’s Income Tax Department.
To check your Aadhaar-PAN card link status, the first step is to visit the official website of India’s Income Tax Department. Here’s how:
- To begin, launch your favorite web browser and navigate to https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- On the left-hand side of your screen, look for the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option and click on it.
Step 2: Enter Your PAN and Aadhaar Card Details
Once on the Link Aadhaar page, you’ll be asked to enter your PAN and Aadhaar card information. Follow these steps:
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar card numbers into the appropriate fields.
- Please enter your name exactly as it appears on your Aadhaar card.
- Please check the box to confirm you are not a robot.
- Click ‘Link Aadhaar‘ to continue.
Step 3: Verify Your Aadhaar-PAN Card Link Status
Finally, confirm whether or not the link between your Aadhaar card and your Permanent Account Number has been established.
- Once you submit your details, you’ll be directed to a page displaying your Aadhaar-PAN card link status. Here’s what to check for:
- If your Aadhaar and PAN are linked, the page will display a message saying, “Your PAN has already been linked to your Aadhaar.“
- If your Aadhaar and PAN are unlinked, the page will display a message stating, “There is no Aadhaar linked to this PAN.”
If there is an error or discrepancy in your Aadhaar and PAN details, the page will display a message prompting you to double-check them and try again.
Aadhaar and PAN card linkage by logging into the Income Tax (IT) portal
You can check the status of your Aadhaar and PAN card linkage by logging into the Income Tax (IT) portal. Once logged in, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the homepage and click on the ‘Dashboard‘ option. From there, select ‘Link Aadhaar Status’.
- Alternatively, you can go to ‘My Profile‘ and select ‘Link Aadhaar Status‘ from there.
- If your Aadhaar and PAN card are already linked, your Aadhaar number will be displayed. However, if they are not linked yet, the ‘Link Aadhaar Status‘ option will be displayed.
- If the request to link your Aadhaar and PAN card is pending with UIDAI, the website will prompt you to check the status later.
- You can also check the status via SMS by sending a message to 567678 or 56161. If your Aadhaar is linked to your PAN card, the message will read, “Aadhaar is already associated with PAN in ITD Database.” If not, it will say, “Your Aadhaar is not associated with PAN (number) in ITD Database. Thank you for using our services.”
If you are facing issues linking your PAN and Aadhaar due to mismatches in name, phone number or date of birth, you can correct the details in either your PAN or Aadhaar database to ensure that both documents have matching details.
FAQs: Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status
What happens if I fail to link my Aadhaar card with my PAN before March 31?
Failure to link your Aadhaar card with your PAN before that deadline could result in penalties under Section 234F of the Income Tax Act, ranging from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 10,000.
Can I Link My Aadhaar Card with my PAN Offline?
Yes Absolutely. Visit any nearest PAN center to link your Aadhaar card with your PAN offline.
Is It Mandatory to Link My Aadhaar Card With My PAN?
Taxpayers must link their Aadhaar cards with their PANs to benefit from the RAKSHATRA program.
Linking your Aadhaar card with your PAN is mandatory, and failure to do so could result in penalties. To ensure both cards are connected, follow this comprehensive step-by-step guide to check their link status. With just five simple steps, you can check it quickly and easily – don’t wait – link your Aadhaar card and PAN before March 31! Don’t risk facing fines; ensure it happens now.
Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status, Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status, Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status, Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status, Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status, Aadhar-PAN Card Link Status,